1. Formal (according to the rules of the NCN OPUS14 project):
- Obtained a doctoral degree no earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project;
- Do not have contract employment or will take an unpaid leave for the duration of employment in project;
- Do not receive any other form of remuneration from Polish National Science Centre.
2. Following from project requirements:
- have a degree of doctor of sciences in the field of mechanics, electrical engineering, applied physics or applied mathematics;
- proven scientific achievements and experience in the field of nonlinear dynamics (especially of mechanical, electromechanical or mechatronic systems);
- good knowledge and experience in the use of both modern analytical and numerical methods applied in nonlinear dynamics;
- good knowledge of the English language (also in technical terminology);
- knowledge of program SCILAB/XCos, MATLAB/Simulink, Mathematica or similar software;
- other advantage will be experience in the area of modelling and/or identification of mechanical, electromechanical or mechatronic systems.
The duties of the person employed for this position will consist of conducting works of the entrusted by the Head of the Project and specified in the schedule of the project National Science Centre - OPUS 14: „Modeling and nonlinear dynamics of magneto-electromechanical systems” followed by documentation of their results in the form of publications in reputable scientific journals. They include:
- the use of analytical and/or numerical methods devoted to nonlinear dynamics of discrete mechanical and electromechanical systems;
- using SCILAB/XCos, MATLAB / Simulink and/or Mathematica environment for development of software for analytical and/or numerical analysis of nonlinear dynamics of lumped mass and/or continuous mechanical and electromechanical systems;
- development of mathematical models and identification of mechanical and electromechanical systems;
- analysis of bifurcations, resonances, synchronization and energy exchange in mechanical systems with electric/magnetic interactions and systems with parametric/spring pendulums embedded in electric and magnetic fields;
- the primary criterion for evaluation of the tasks implementation will be the papers published in journals from the JCR list;
- expected is also close cooperation with other investigators, including the exchange of information, participation in the analysis, development and preparation of the presentation of research results.
- Full-time position
- Expected monthly salary: 7000 PLN (with taxes) - allowing for comfortable life in Poland
- Expected employment duration up to 9 months starting December 2020
Please note that starting date and duration of employment can change in case of the need for additional employment permissions.
- application for employment (letter of intention) addressed to the Rector of the Lodz University of Technology;
- short CV
- list of achievements and scientific achievements (containing, among other: publications in reputable journals, awards resulting from academic research, scholarships, awards and research experience gained outside the home scientific unit in the country or abroad, workshops and scientific training, participation in research projects);
- diploma certifying possession of a doctoral degree;
- references from at least one independent researcher, along with his contact information.
Applications can be send as an e-mail titled “PostDoc OPUS-14” with attached PDF to address: W1K11@adm.p.lodz.pl or in form of a hardcopy posted to the following address:
Prof. Jan Awrejcewicz
Head of Department of Automation, Biomechanics and Mechatronics,
Lodz University of Technology
1/15 Stefanowskiego Str., 90-924 Lodz
Deadline: October 29, 2020
Short description of the project available on the website:
in Polish: https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/listy-rankingowe/2017-09-15/streszczenia/391574-pl.pdf
or in English: https://ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/listy-rankingowe/2017-09-15/streszczenia/391574-en.pdf